Friday, February 24, 2012

In anticipation of the Oscars...

Just so I can get it on record, I fully expect to be completely and utterly crushed by the results of Sunday's telecast (host's performance aside):

- 'Bridesmaids' will get completely overlooked in the Best Original Screenplay category
- Brad Pitt will get serious consideration if not complete validation for his "performance" in 'Money Ball' - completely negating his incredible portrayal in 'Tree of Life'
- 'Tree of Life' will not win a single award
- All of this will sadly reinforce the notion that I have felt for decades that I don't either understand or belong in our current cultural stream
- I will be faced with an even greater burden to explain my fealty and devotion to 'Tree of Life' - a duty i will gladly embrace

Oh, and there will be something like 1 hour of telecast for every 30 minutes of commercials, and it will be a glorious pageant of consumption and excess.

God bless us. Everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment